Here they are:
My Dad and my Mom. Korea 2009.
My sisters, Sonhee and Minhee. Korea 2009.
Our family laughed so hard because Sonhee's looked so much like her!
And here's my caricature. Korea 2009.
(Note: For a Korean, I have really BIG eyes. No joke. Just look at my eyes in the caricature compared to everyone else's!)
Anyways, when Max and I had the opportunity to get our caricatures done at the Spanish Fork Harvest Moon Hurrah, we totally jumped on it!
I was so anxious sitting in that chair waiting for it to be done!
Here's how they turned out.
Left: Me, right: Max. Just in case you were confused. September 2012.
After having my caricature handed to me I was a bit confused.
It was at that moment I had an epiphany: I look super asian. --Err, let me rephrase: Other people think I look super asian.
What? My whole life I thought I looked like everyone else, but then I get this caricature that makes me look like Lucy Liu? I mean I'm flattered they think I look like that, but after getting my first caricature done in Korea, I thought I looked more like everyone else...I guess I knew I looked asian, but not THAT Asian [if there is such a thing]. But I guess not. At least not in America.
It was an eye-opening experience to say the least. I wonder what else I will learn the next time I get my caricature done... :)





That's so funny! The first one definitely does a better job at looking like you...the second one looks like a generic asian. Haha. And I guess max's mom was a giraffe!
ReplyDeleteI take that back, you both have long necks, that's funny...I guess you are both part giraffe.
ReplyDelete