Friday, October 12, 2012

story time: when it all started (II)

[like i said, i'm terrible at blogging. here's the rest of the story]

So after our fun night of games and scrabble, I boldly invited the boys of UP1 to come to Fall Fest with the Belmont 16 girls. I told Dave when I saw him in the tutorial lab, but apparently boys don't tell each other things, because when I brought it up while working with Max a few days later, he had no idea.

Anyways, eventually we all went to Fall Fest for fingerprinting and a good dane party. I almost died laughing just seeing Max and Dave dance. If you've never seen them dance before, you really should sometime. it's epic :P After two slow dances with Max I pretty much decided that he was great, to say the least... For the rest of the night we went to UP1 and played some nertz. I'm pretty sure I won at least one of the games, if i remember correctly.... :)

 Photo: Wilkinson Center. Fall Fest 2011. Finger painting.
Photo: UP 1. Nertz time!

A few weeks later, Max took me out on my first day: baseball. As one who grew up with only sisters, I had never played and was scared for dear life that I would get hit by the ball. Thanks to Max's hitting skills, he almost did hit me me in the face with a ball. good think i ducked though. (i'm sad to say i didn't have any pictures from our first three dates--oops!)

I thought the date went great, but was sad to hear he took out another girl on a date the very next day after our date. Lame, right? so I gave up on the matter and moved on with life. My sister surprised me for my birthday and we had the UP1 boys over for another surprise birthday party. (Side note: somehow i've gotten a surprise birthday party thrown for me over the last 4 years and have REALLY been surprised every time.. you think i'd catch on by now...) It was fabulous. Max and Jason came over the day after to help me finish eat some birthday cake, and as he left, he asked me on our second date: kneaders french toast breakfast.

I had never had kneaders before. we decided to go in pajamas before the first session of conference. the food was super delicious and spending time with him was great. I watched the first session of conference with him and his roommates at UP1 and then left to go up to SLC with my sister to watch the rest of it. That night after priesthood session, we had another game night of gibberish scrabble! (and yes, I was definitely falling for Max at this point :) )

Photo: October 2011. Bel 16. Working on our Spanish.

Sunday night we had a movie night after ward prayer at Bel 16. We watched toy story 3 and from the minute the movie start, max's hand slowly creeped over to mine. But it took him almost the whole movie (like 2 hours) for him to actually grab my hand. at one point i just wanted to grab his hand because he was going so slow for goodness sake! but eventually it happened. and then we started dating. and then 3 days later he went on a trip to NY with my roommate Rylee to see the cast of Psych.... but that's another story to tell another day :)

Photo: October 2011. NYC. With Lassie. My boyfriend and my roommate.

Photo: October 2011. 30 Rockefellar Plaza. NOTE: I am not present.

Sometimes people ask me, do you like New York? Well, that's funny. Because. I've never been
But let's not talk about that... >.< 
Maybe my husband will take me one of these days... :P

Two weeks into dating he told me that he loved me. I gave him a big "thank you!...." (i mean who doesn't like being told that their loved? it was my first time someone had told me that so it was pretty exciting) But i said i liked him a lot, and told him i'd let him know when i loved him...later....maybe...eventually? it was kinda weird...but still cute at the same time :)

Photo: October 16, 2011. At a Thai Restaurant with the 'rents. The night that he told me he loved me. 

7 months later we were engaged. and 10 months later we were sealed for time and all eternity in the timpanogos temple. and to day we have been happily married for a whole 2 months and 8 days! Oh how time flies :) but enough of this mushy gushy stuff. i'll try to make my next posts more recent and more exciting!

Photo: Timpanogos Temple. August 4, 2012. With the best friend :)





3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I made your blog...even if it sounds like you secretly hate me :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe one day i'll go to new york. and then we can be friends again :P haha i love youu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Scoville boys, they move quick once they know what they want. There's no messing around! And you guys should go to New York and stay with my sister (again, Max :) :) They love visitors.

    ReplyDelete