Friday, September 25, 2015

Life as MD/PharmD Students

While practicing my patient interviewing and prescription taking skills on Max:

Me: And what dose did you want to prescribe for that oxycodone?
Max: fifteen...hundred...grams?
Me: *chuckles, but tries to keep it together* And what is your DEA number?
Max:...Seven?
Me: *burst out in laughter*

This probably isn't that funny for non pharmacy people, but the usual dose for oxycodone is like 5-15 MILIgrams. And a DEA number is a physician identification number that consists of 2 letters and 7 numbers. It reminded me of that one part in the Little Rascals when Spanky and the kids are dressed up as Amish people asking for a loan at the bank that goes like this:

Banker: What is your account...
Spanky: Uh, seven.
Banker: Seven?...seven?
Froggy: Try eight.
Spanky: eight?
Banker: Heard enough. If you were my kids, I'd punish you.
Stymie: If we were your kids, we'd punish ourselves!

It's little moments like this that make me love being in school with Max (which is a big deal, considering how much I don't want to be in school anymore...I don't know how I would survive school without him)
I'm still so grateful for Max for playing along and helping me practice before my practical evaluation though :P He's the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment