A lot of people say the first few months of being married, you fall off the face of the earth and all you want to do is spend time with your husband enjoying the bliss of newlywed life. Most people grow out of this after a few months though and start being more social with other couples and do lots of group dates and activities. The thing with me is I don't think I ever grew out of that phase. For example, my single birthday wish for this year was to spend a straight 24 hours with Max (and lucky for me I actually got like 40 straight hours with him!). Yeah, corny I know. But as a med-pharm student couple with other familial, extracurricular, and church obligations, we rarely have the chance to be together for a whole day uninterrupted.
I always say, I would be perfectly content living under a rock with Max (with access to other family, of course). But Max disagrees. And I'm glad he does, because he always encourages me to be more social and make more friends. Although sometimes I would rather go on dates just the two of us rather than double/group dates, I'm glad Max organizes ways for us go on group dates and hang out with other people. Because in the end I really enjoy them! And I'm reminded that yes, friends are good and friends are fun! And I'm so grateful for the friends that we've made, especially since coming to Columbus :)
No comments:
Post a Comment