Monday, November 23, 2015

On being nostalgic when saying goodbye to strangers

For the last 2 months I've been going to physical therapy twice a week for some minor knee and foot issues. I really only went because 1. it was covered by my insurance and 2. it helped my half marathon training be less painful. Today was my last session and for the most part my knee and feet are almost normal! But it was kind of sad that it was my last times going today--mostly because I love my physical therapist! I'm just a super sentimental and nostalgic person so any bit of change from the norm can make me sad. Like no matter how much I hate school sometimes, it always makes me a little sad when semester comes to a close. Or when TV shows end I get sad that they're over. Or when fictional characters in movies break up it also puts a little scratch on my heart. (It still kills me Peter Pan didn't get together with Wendy in the end...stupid long distance and the whole never growing up thing.) But on the bright side my knee and feet don't hurt as much anymore, and I have two more hours to my weeks.    

But you know when you meet those kinds of people who are just sincere and nice and wonderful and you think to yourself, "why are you not Mormon yet?" Yeah, my physical therapist was one of those people. He's so nice and real and not awkward like a lot of healthcare professionals sometimes are. And he's just a genuinely good person I think. It's hard to explain. Anyways, when I meet people like that I think, "Man, Heavenly Father is so great, putting nice people along my path like that." It makes my day when I go into a store and the people are always nice and happy, you know? (Like Target--they always have such nice workers, I love it!) But then it also make me sad I'll never see them again! Like this one time when I was at Harry Potter World over the summer with Sonhee, we met this British family on the Hogwarts Express. It was pretty much magical. We had a nice little chat with them and learned that they actually live right next to the actual Kings Cross Station in England. Although our encounter was short, you could just tell they were good people and such a good family! Sonhee and I get especially sad thinking about them because we completely forgot to take picture with them! Good thing the gospel is true and hopefully all these great people will join the church so that we can all have a big party in the Celestial Kingdom. 

On another <less random> note: Happy (almost) Thanksgiving! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment