Friday, January 25, 2013

Sloan Speech Showcase

So I took a public speaking class last semester for one of my pre-pharmacy requirements. It turned out to be a really fun class (even though it may have been slightly stressful to have to give a speech every week during class).

Every semester, BYU holds the Sloan Speech Showcase where students in the public speaking classes are given an opportunity to showcase a persuasive speech.

I was fortunate enough to be chosen as my class representative, and from there I submitted a video of my speech and ended up being one of the finalists!
Me giving my persuasive speech: 
A Saving Tradition: The Importance of Family Dinners

The Guest Speaker for the night--this amazing lady (a BYU grad) wrote a bajillion NYTimes best sellers.

Me and the Scholarship donors. They also have like 3 other scholarships that they fund/created. Such great people.

It was awesome to meet the scholarship donors that made the event possible. They totally were inspiring and it really made me want to make my own scholarship foundation someday [and by someday i mean when we're done with pharmacy and med school and out of all our debt...which may be a while...]

Photo: Sloan Speech Showcase. HFAC. Dec 6 2012. 

I loved having my amazing hubby there to take pictures and support me! It wasn't a huge deal, but he still took time out of his schedule just for me :)



No comments:

Post a Comment